Saturday, January 4, 2014

It's a new year!

Welcome to the blog! I hope this helps us all stay motivated to get our tasks done. I should be cleaning the floors and looking up green products (day 2's tasks) but instead I am sitting here putting our blog together ;-) I promise to get moving after this post.

Day 1's mission was to complete a list of what you would like to accomplish during the cure. I recently moved from a house to a smaller apartment, so I got rid of a ton of stuff already, but when I moved in I just kinda threw stuff wherever, and I am sure I can still purge quite a bit of stuff (clothes and shoes, I'm looking at you!), and I could use a good organization system that works.

I wrote my list down on Thursday evening. Janelle, the January Cure coordinator, said it should take an hour to complete. I was able to do it in about 20 minutes. It feels good to have all those thoughts down on paper, and not taking up valuable space in my head!

Here is my list, room by room:

*Entry Way*
- Purchase rug
- Come up with options for mail (basket, something to hold junk mail until recycling day)

*Kitchen*
- Purchase spice rack (my spices are in a cabinet that I cannot reach, and I haven't figured out how to reconfigure that)
- Reorganize cabinets so items stop falling on me every time I open them!
- Review options for recycling (I have to take my recycling to a drop off location since we do not have it here, so I am thinking some kind of bin/storage for it)
- Find a new home for the stuff on top of fridge
- Purge unnecessary items

*Dining Room/Living Room*
- Eventually: purchase TV, wine rack
- Frame Jam posters/hang up
- Decide on fabric for new throw pillows
- Fix coffee table

*Bedroom*
- Eventually: Clean out hope chest (this is very very low on the list- lots of wedding stuff in it. May have a friend do it for me)
- Shred documents that are piling up
- Hang pictures
- Clean out jewelry box
- Actually put pictures in the frames I have bought!
- Deep clean- move furniture and clean behind it, clean fan, blinds, etc.

*Closet*
- Purge clothes and shoes
- Eventually: buy those skinny hangers so my clothes can fit on one side of closet
- Reorganize shelves, storage options

*Bathroom*
- Toss expired products
- FIND MY STOMACH PILLS! I lost them in the move and refuse to pay another copay to get more.
- Unclog tub drain (or convince my dad to do this for me)
- Clean showerhead
- Clean out linen closet which is currently holding a bunch of random stuff and no linens

My goal is to accomplish this little by little, and most likely not all in January. The purchases most likely will not happen this month, but I can start looking at options and get stuff as it goes on sale.

Time to clean the floors!

3 comments:

  1. I have my notepad and pen out for the purpose of walking the house but keep getting sidetracked by tv and social media. I wish I got shocked when I touched my phone so I had no choice but to clean! Impressed by your list! Can I post mine when it's done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post away! That's the point :)
    Now stop texting with Mia and me and get to work!!!

    ReplyDelete