Saturday, January 11, 2014

Super productive Saturday!

It's 5:00 here, and I am pooped! I started cleaning at 11:00 and didn't stop (well I paused to answer the occasional text) and now I am officially caught up with pretty much all of the January Cure! I also crossed a few things off my list.

The kitchen cabinets have been reorganized to the best of my ability. I have 16 dinner plates, so I decided to cut that number in half and placed half of them in the outbox. I also placed half of the little dessert plates (though I am contemplating keeping them since I use them a lot more) in the outbox, along with some other kitchen items I decided I no longer need. I was also able to cross cleaning off the top of the fridge from the list as well.

I discovered a place closer to home to drop off recycling, so I have decided Saturday mornings will be recycling drop off days- my reward will be a coffee from Dunkin Donuts on the way home :) I was able to reuse a basket to hold paper recycling for now, it's a little too small but works in the short term.

I cleaned my bedroom top to bottom- moved and cleaned behind furniture, cleaned the fan and blinds, and mopped the floor. I see now why my allergies have been so bad in the morning. I also gathered up the documents that need to be shredded so I can take them to work and drop in the shred bin.

And on to the most amazing progress of the day... cue Destiny Child's INDEPENDENT WOMEN... I unclogged the bathtub drain! It was so nasty! Maybe Sinead O'Connor and Britney had the right idea shaving their heads... no hair to clean up! The bathroom got a good cleaning, except I just remembered I didn't clean the sink.

There are still quite a few things left to do on my list, but I feel I accomplished a lot today, and I am proud of myself for sticking with the Cure and getting caught up. I still need to buy some flowers and cook myself a meal, and I plan to do both tomorrow. This evening I am meeting Lyndon at JoAnn's to look at fabric to make new pillows for the couch.

I hope everyone else is progressing as well! Shout out to Elizabeth- where you at?! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment