
Here is the cabinet before cleaning. This is a small spot above the sink that is hard for my shorty self to reach. When I moved in I was in a fog and just unloaded the kitchen stuff wherever they would fit.
I started off by removing everything from the cabinet, sorting what was still good and what had expired. I had spices that I bought when I lived in Nashville in 2008!
.jpeg)
We don't have Kroger in Florida!
.jpeg)
After sorting everything, this is what I was left with. I started trying to figure out how to house these items so I can access them, and started looking to the cabinet next door, which was also a mess.
.jpeg)
So after cleaning and decluttering this cabinet, I did some rearranging, and was able to find a new home for spices, where I can actually see them without the use of a step stool.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
I moved the items I do not use as often to the higher cabinet, but now I can see everything!
.jpeg)
This kitchen is much smaller than in my previous home, so it may take a little more work to make things fit. The next kitchen task is to figure out how to store my dishes and containers without an avalanche happening every time I open the cabinet!
Since it is now just me, I am questioning how many dishes I really need to own. I have 16 dinnerplates- and that is just what I walked away with after the separation! I think it's time to downsize!
Great job! Wish I thought to take some before and after photos! Maybe donate those plates and get some cute and fun lightweight plates? New year, new bras, new dishes! ;)
ReplyDelete